Paul Giamatti To Appear On ‘Downton Abbey’ Season 4
Paul Giamatti will appear in Downton Abbey’s fourth season finale as an American playboy.
Giamatti, 46, will play the role of Harold Levinson, brother of American countess Cora Crawley (Elizabeth McGovern), and the crew is happy to have him. “We’re excited that Paul Giamatti will be joining us on Downton to play Cora’s brother Harold, the rather free-spirited uncle to Mary and Edith,” said Gareth Neame, executive producer of Downton Abbey. “We can’t wait to see him work alongside Shirley MacLaine, who are both sure to upset the Grantham’s apple cart in this year’s finale.” In addition to playing Cora’s brother, Harold is also speculated to be a possible love interest for the recently widowed Mary Crawley (Michelle Dockery).
Giamatti, who is currently filming The Amazing Spider-Man 2, isn’t the only new actor appearing on Downton Abbey this season. Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Nigel Harman, Tom Cullen, Julian Ovenden and Gary Carr are also set to join.
Season four of Downton Abbey will premiere in the U.K. in the fall of 2013, and on Masterpiece on the PBS network in the U.S. Jan. 5, 2014.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- 'Grey'Â™s Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes
- Tea Leoni Returning To Television In 'Madam Secretary'
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'
Gregg Sulkin On 'Affluenza,' 'Pretty Little Liars'