Paul Giamatti To Appear On ‘Downton Abbey’ Season 4
Paul Giamatti will appear in Downton Abbey’s fourth season finale as an American playboy.
Giamatti, 46, will play the role of Harold Levinson, brother of American countess Cora Crawley (Elizabeth McGovern), and the crew is happy to have him. “We’re excited that Paul Giamatti will be joining us on Downton to play Cora’s brother Harold, the rather free-spirited uncle to Mary and Edith,” said Gareth Neame, executive producer of Downton Abbey. “We can’t wait to see him work alongside Shirley MacLaine, who are both sure to upset the Grantham’s apple cart in this year’s finale.” In addition to playing Cora’s brother, Harold is also speculated to be a possible love interest for the recently widowed Mary Crawley (Michelle Dockery).
Giamatti, who is currently filming The Amazing Spider-Man 2, isn’t the only new actor appearing on Downton Abbey this season. Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Nigel Harman, Tom Cullen, Julian Ovenden and Gary Carr are also set to join.
Season four of Downton Abbey will premiere in the U.K. in the fall of 2013, and on Masterpiece on the PBS network in the U.S. Jan. 5, 2014.
Most Popular News
- Gwyneth Paltrow & Ewan McGregor Shoot Scenes For 'Â˜Mortdecai' In London
- Spiderman And More Capture Hearts At Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade [SLIDESHOW]
- Sophie Kennedy Clark On 'Philomena'Â™ & Judi Dench [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Lady Gaga Arrives On Horse To 2013 AMAs, Performs With R Kelly
- Patricia Cornwell On 'Â˜Dust,'Â™ Sandy Hook, New TV Show [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Patricia Cornwell Video Interview On 'Dust,' Kay Scarpetta, Sandy Hook, Her New TV Show
Josh Gad Video Interview On 'Frozen,' His Character Olaf
Hill Harper Video Interview On 'Incarcerated Brother'
Top Comedy Videos
- Ryan Gosling & Rachel McAdams, Please Make Babies Already! - Your Tango
- Holiday Movie Preview 2013 - MovieFone