Landing Gear From Plane That Hit Twin Towers On 9/11 Found In New York City
A piece of the landing gear believed to have belonged to one of the airplanes that hit the World Trade Center towers on September 11, 2011 was recovered in New York City on Friday.
The part was found between two buildings during an inspection for the site of an Islamic community center, which is going to be built three blocks from ground zero, ABC News reports. The part “includes a clearly visible Boeing identification number,” police announced in a statement. The scene is now being secured by the NYPD and pending a health and safety evaluation the soil could be examined for human remains.
Most Popular News
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
- 2014 Emmy Nominations: 'Game Of Thrones' Leads The Nominations; Netflix Series Recognized
- Shooting Range Instructor Accidentally Killed By 9-Year-Old With Uzi [VIDEO]
- Harrison Ford Resumes Filming 'Star Wars: Episode VII' After Leg Injury
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen