Landing Gear From Plane That Hit Twin Towers On 9/11 Found In New York City
A piece of the landing gear believed to have belonged to one of the airplanes that hit the World Trade Center towers on September 11, 2011 was recovered in New York City on Friday.
The part was found between two buildings during an inspection for the site of an Islamic community center, which is going to be built three blocks from ground zero, ABC News reports. The part “includes a clearly visible Boeing identification number,” police announced in a statement. The scene is now being secured by the NYPD and pending a health and safety evaluation the soil could be examined for human remains.
Most Popular News
- Mimi Faust Releases Sex Tape With 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta' Boyfriend Nikko Smith
- Megan Fox Films 'Ninja Turtles' Movie
- Maggie Q's Barely-There 'Divergent' Premiere Dress Causes Stir
- Saoirse Ronan Films 'Brooklyn'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Spoilers: More Deaths? What's In Store For Joffrey & Margaery's Wedding
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Jason Schwartzman On 'The Grand Budapest Hotel,' Wes Anderson, Jeff Goldblum
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Matt Bomer & Marisa Coughlan On 'Space Station 76,' SXSW
Dave Barry On 'You Can Date Boys When You Are Forty,' Justin Bieber