Landing Gear From Plane That Hit Twin Towers On 9/11 Found In New York City
A piece of the landing gear believed to have belonged to one of the airplanes that hit the World Trade Center towers on September 11, 2011 was recovered in New York City on Friday.
The part was found between two buildings during an inspection for the site of an Islamic community center, which is going to be built three blocks from ground zero, ABC News reports. The part “includes a clearly visible Boeing identification number,” police announced in a statement. The scene is now being secured by the NYPD and pending a health and safety evaluation the soil could be examined for human remains.
Most Popular News
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- 'Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes' Review Roundup: Critics Give Sequel Top Marks
- Chris Hemsworth Films Scenes As Thor For 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
- Tom Hardy Shoots Scenes For 'Legend'
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Lucy Hale On 'Pretty Little Liars,' Her New Album, Her Plan To Send Girls To Camp
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'