Oprah's Guards Scuffle With Indian Journalists
Oprah Winfrey's bodyguards reportedly came to blows with overeager journalists in the religious city of Mathura, about 90 miles south of Delhi, during the former talk show host's week-long sojourn to India.
While in India, Winfrey is filming her new OWN project, a documentary called Oprah's Next Chapter. On Thursday she visited the Taj Mahal in Agra, as well as a center for child widows who have been abandoned by their families.
"Oprah Winfrey was in one of the ashrams where the widows stay," explained Prem Gautam, the superintendent of police for the region, reports the Daily Mail. "Journalists wanted to go in, but were refused entry." The India Blooms News reports that bodyguards allegedly hit the journalists when they tried to approach Winfrey and were detained afterward, but Gautam assures that, after an argument, "it was all sorted," writes the Mail.
On her trip, Winfrey also visited the slums of Mumbai and the stars of Bollywood, including Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan.
Like this? Try these:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV