One Direction's Zayn Malik Debuts Blond Streaks At London Closing Ceremony, Twitter Erupts
You might have thought that the era of the boy band died with the Backstreet Boys, but the Olympics Closing Ceremonies proved that cheesy, poppy music is alive and well when British-Irish boy band One Direction performed in the same night as The Who, George Michael, Nick Mason of Pink Floyd, the Pet Shop Boys, a not-quite holographic image of Freddie Mercury, ditto of John Lennon, and throwback band the Spice Girls.
One Direction, consisting of members Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson, who were discovered by Simon Cowell on Britain's The X Factor, performed their "What Makes You Beautiful" for the billion viewers across the world, arriving on the back of a lorry during the closing ceremonies and wearing their trademark skinny slacks, tight, collared shirts and Converse sneakers.
The talk of the night, evening, however, was not One Direction's performance, but the new 'do of Malik, who spiced things up with a few blonde streaks under his hat. What a ruckus a little bleach can make when you've otherwise got your look down to a science. Twitter exploded with One Direction followers' reactions to Malik's radical fashion choice. "Zayn Malik looked perf at the closing ceremony tonight tho omg his highlights in his hair just o m g," tweeted one follower, while one young fan was actually moved to tears. "@zaynmalik forever crying because the blonde in your hair looks so freaking perfect."
For more like this:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV