Olivia Williams Discusses ‘Last Days On Mars’ At Cannes Film Festival [Exclusive Video]
Olivia Williams, who stars in Last Days On Mars alongside Liev Schreiber, spoke with Uinterview exclusively about the new sci-fi movie at the Cannes Film Festival.
Williams, who is admittedly picky when it comes to choosing her next project, was won over by the script for Last Days On Mars, written by Clive Dawson and adapted from the short story written by Sydney J. Bounds. “I’m really bad at reading scripts, and if I don’t like them, well…. It’s not that I don’t like them; I just tend to fall asleep around page 36 usually,” Williams told Uinterview. “For this one, I read it straight through and I loved it.”
In the film, Williams plays astronaut Kim Aldrich, who launches into Mars with a group of fellow astronauts to collect specimens and end up facing an unexpected threat. Astronaut Aldrich, like the First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt that Williams played in Hyde Park On Hudson, is certainly not one to be messed with. “[Aldrich] is as popular as every woman in history who thinks she’s always right,” joked Williams. “I just played Eleanor Roosevelt, Eleanor Roosevelt basically in a space suit. I wanted to play more of Eleanor; I mean I’m not kidding!”
Last Day on Mars, directed by Ruairi Robinson, is set to be released on Sept. 19 in the UK.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Rose McIver Films 'Petals On The Wind'Â™ With Heather Graham, Ellen Burstyn
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango