Olivia Wilde 'Self-Medicated With Food' During Divorce
Olivia Wilde, 27, may look like a million bucks naked, but the Butter star recently opened up about how she overindulged and packed on the pounds after her divorce from Tao Ruspoli, with whom she eloped when she was merely 18.
"My body changed," she told Town and Country, according to the New York Post, noting that she "put on a few extra pounds." Though Wilde admitted that she had "self-medicated with food" during the divorce, she jokingly added, "I figure that's better than self-medicating with crack cocaine."
On a more serious note, Wilde looked back on the breakup of her marriage with pragmatism. "When you go through a breakup, you lose faith for awhile," she told the magazine, reports People. "It makes you feel like such a failure, but I think this whole traumatic year has made me a better actor.
"And the good thing about getting divorced young — if there is a good thing — is that it makes you realize there's no schedule in life. It blasts you wide open and frees you to be honest with yourself," Wilde said.
In recent times, it's possible that things are looking up for Wilde in the romance department. She verified that she is dating someone in the entertainment industry, but would not name names, even though rumors have been flying for months that the new man in her life is SNL's Jason Sudeikis.
As fate would have it, Wilde first developed her love of Hollywood when her parents took her to see an episode of SNL when she was a young girl. She confessed: "I knew at that moment that this was what I wanted to do."
You can see Wilde in the upcoming Butter, with all-star cast Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Garner, Alicia Silverstone, Ty Burrell, and Ashley Greene, on March 16.
Also check out:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV