Obama Defends Record To Jon Stewart
You can't say that Jon Stewart goes easy on his own political party. In President Barack Obama's appearance on The Daily Show Wednesday night, the political commentator called the Commander in Chief out on some of his policies.
After Stewart branded Obama's health care reform "timid," he even got a rise out of the President. "I have a profound disagreement with you, and I don't want to lump you in with a lot of other pundits," Obama defended. "You may," Stewart offered, before later explaining, "I don't mean to lump you in with other presidents."
Stewart also criticized Obama's perceived lack of follow-through while in office. Pointing out that his campaign slogan was "Yes We Can," Stewart wondered if a more appropriate slogan would have been, "Yes We Can, Given Certain Conditions." Unfazed, Obama responded, "I think what I would say is, 'Yes We Can, but it's not going to happen over night.'"
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV