Nik Wallenda Tightrope Walks Over Niagara Falls
Nik Wallenda, 33, tightrope walked more than 1800 feet, the equivalent of six football fields, over Niagara Falls on Friday night.
"This is something no one in the world has ever done," he said, reports USA Today. "Even though I had a tether, I didn't have to use it." ABC Network, which was filming the event, insisted on a harness and a safety wire for Wallenda in the unlikely event of an accident during the telecast.
"That mist was thick," said Wallenda, noting that the very wire he walked on was wet and slippery. "It was hard to see at times. ... The wind was wild. It'd come at me one way and hit me from the front, and hit me from the back," said Wallenda, who comes from a family of acrobats.
Wallenda carried a 40-pound balance pole and audibly prayed while he was walking. "I really prayed non-stop," Wallenda said today on Good Morning America. "The Bible says pray without ceasing and I'm always praying."
While Wallenda walked over Niagara Falls on Sunday, his three children, Yanni, Amadaos and Evita, were present.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV