Nicole Kidman: I Was 'Damaged' By Tom Cruise Split
Nicole Kidman, 43, may be on top of the world, with an Oscar nomination for her role in Rabbit Hole, a blissful marriage to country star Keith Urban, and a newborn, Faith Margaret, born via surrogate last December, but the Aussie actress remembers much more complicated time following her 2001 divorce from Tom Cruise.
"That was a great relationship," Kidman told Marie Claire UK. "I think it ran its course. I was really damaged and not sure whether [love and marriage] was ever going to happen again to me."
Kidman has no illusions about having a high-profile marriage. "I was never seeking to be a celebrity. But I was prepared to do that for love .... It's hard when you're young. But I'm ready to give up anything for love, because ultimately, that's what you have," she said.
Kidman and Cruise tried to stay as retiring as possible. "As a couple we were very private. We were not out a lot and we were very, very tight and that's why we lasted ten years, which is a good amount of time, particularly when you got married at 23."
Now remarried to Urban, Kidman admits to being "crazy in love" again. The couple live on a 36-acre ranch in Tennessee with their two children, Faith and Sunday Rose, 2. She also has two adopted children, Isabella, 18, and Connor, 15, from her marriage with Cruise. —KIMBERLY STEELE
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV