Nicole Crowther Regrets 'Glee' Prom Spoiler
Nicole Crowther, the 21-year-old extra at the center of the Glee spoiler controversy, is offering up the true story behind the infamous tweet that revealed McKinley's prom queen and king to be Chris Colfer's (pictured) Kurt and Max Adler's Karofsky, incurring the wrath of co-creator Brad Falchuk. Crowther now claims that "nobody took the time to check the facts" about her involvement after the tweet.
Crowther was initially described as a regular extra on Glee, but she had actually only appeared on one episode of the hit show, and not the prom episode she was accused of spoiling. "I do understand why [Falchuk] would be upset," she told The Los Angeles Times, but "the truth of the matter is that I wasn't on set."
She received the sensitive information from another extra who had been present on the set of the prom episode. Crowther then tweeted the spoiler in a highly crackable code to her 2000 followers. It never even occurred to her that anyone outside her small Gleek following would pay any attention. Then she received a heated response from Falchuk, which inadvertently confirmed the truth of the rumor: "@nicolecrowther Hope you're qualified to do something besides work in entertainment. Who are you to spoil something talented people have spent months to create?"
The young actress, who also studies directing at the Los Angeles Feature Film Academy and has appeared as an extra in several television shows, including FOX's new Traffic Light and TNT's Men of a Certain Age, was taken aback at Falchuk's threat and surprised by his admission. "Nobody really knows who I am, I'm just twittering away and he goes on and he confirms it. Only a few people would have heard what I said."
In any case, Crowther doesn't believe that her involvement in the incident warrants the kind of shunning she's received, including suspension by casting agencies and blacklisting by Glee and FOX. Her Twitter account, which she deactivated after Falchuk's retaliation, has been blocked to further activation. Even though Crowther "regret[s]" that she ever tweeted about the show in the first place, she feels she has "nothing to be ashamed of" for merely posting a rumor. —KIMBERLY STEELE
Read the original spoiler here.
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Michael Keaton Suits Up For ‘Birdman’
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic