New York Yankee Jorge Posada Retires From Baseball
Jorge Posada, 40, announced his retirement on Tuesday, bringing to an end a 17-year career in the major leagues, all with the New York Yankees. The five-time all-star leaves with five World Series wins, a .273 career batting average, and 275 home runs.
"Playing for the New York Yankees has been an honor — I could never wear another uniform. Being part of seven World Series and having five rings was something I never imagined," Posada said during a press conference on Tuesday. "I will forever be a Yankee. Ever since I was a little kid and I can remember, all I wanted to do was become a major leaguer, and it was all I could think of, and dream of, when I was a little kid."
The Yankees' catcher has certainly had an impressive career, and his announcement has now left many asking if it was impressive enough for an induction into the National Baseball Hall of Fame. One thing's for sure, though — the announcement was an emotional one, especially when Posada thought about his friends. "I want to thank my teammates throughout the years," he also said. "Especially Derek Jeter, who helped me stay focused and positive. Thank you, buddy."
What do you think? Will Posada be a Hall of Famer?
Check out these related stories:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV