Mookie Blaylock in Critical Condition After Fatal Crash
Mookie Blaylock, the former NBA All-Star, is in critical condition after sustaining injuries in a car accident that left one person dead, ESPN reported.
Blaylock’s SUV crossed the centerlines of a street in a suburb of Atlanta, crashing head on into a van. A passenger in the van was fatally injured. Blaylock was airlifted from the scene of the accident and taken to Atlanta Medical Center, Clayton County police spokesperson Clarence Cox stated.
Blaylock was initially placed on life support, but has since been taken off of it due to improvements in his health. He is in guarded but critical condition, reported the Atlanta Journal Sentinel.
The former NBA All-Star has a history of seizures, Jonesboro Police Chief Franklin Allen revealed. The police are looking into whether or not a seizure could have caused the accident.
Blaylock spent 13 seasons in the NBA, playing for the New Jersey Nets and Atlanta Hawks. When he was on the Hawks in 1994, he appeared in the NBA All-Star game.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- Simon Cowell Walks His Two Dogs Shirtless
- '300: Rise Of An Empire' Review Roundup: Epic Sequel Doesn't Fare Well With Critics
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Daytona 500 Winner Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
June Squibb On 'Nebraska,' Bruce Dern, Alexander Payne, Her Oscar Nomination
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango