Miranda Cosgrove Ends Run On Nickelodeon's 'iCarly'
The popular Nickelodeon series iCarly aired its final episode Friday, ending a successful seven season run that turned Miranda Cosgrove, 19, into a star.
Cosgrove played Carly Shay, host of her own web show. Her friend Freddie (Nathan Kress) served as technical producer and her other friend Sam (Jennette McCurdy) served as her co-host. Together, the three of them navigated through adolescence with the guidance of Carly’s older brother Spencer (Jerry Trainor)
The show attracted a large following, thanks in no small part to the show’s devotion to new media. The website offered fans videos, blog posts and quizzes. It wasn't just something that you watched through the TV," Cosgrove said an interview with the Albany Times Union. "You could also communicate back to the iCarly world. I think that was something that was very new to kids and that appealed to them."
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- ‘Man Of Steel’ Makes World Premiere In New York City
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone On The Lonely Island, 'The Wack Album'