Mick Jagger Still Going Strong At 68
Legendary Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger may be turning 68 today, but the energetic rocker doesn't show any signs of slowing down his 50-year career.
In February Jagger performed at the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards at the Staples Center, showing audiences everywhere that he still knows what it means to "Move Like Jagger," which also happens to be the title of an upcoming track from Maroon 5, featuring frontman Adam Levine's The Voice co-host, Christina Aguilera. Earlier this month Levine tweeted about the duo's plans for the video. "Making a video for 'Moves Like Jagger' with Christina Aguilera tomorrow!" he posted. The musicians were delighted when Jagger himself agreed to be part of the project and appear in the video after Aguilera and Levine showed him what they got, reports Us Weekly.
Jagger fans can also look forward to the release of the debut album by his new supergroup, SuperHeavy (a reference to Muhammed Ali). The group is a collaboration effort, also comprised of Eurythmics co-founder Dave Stewart, reggae star Damian Marley, Slumdog Millionaire composer A. R. Rahman, and soul sister Joss Stone. "Working with four other vocalists was interesting to me," Jagger said about the project. "I've never actually done it before. Normally, I have to do everything, which I'm quite happy to do. Don't worry. It was kind of fun because when we had to finish it off, I realized we all had a part to play."
And Jagger wasn't the only workaholic on the team. The band wrote 22 songs in the first six days of working together and filmed the music video for their breakout single, "Miracle Worker," earlier this month, reports Vanity Fair. The album will be released on September 20 in the U.S. and overseas one day earlier. No word yet on if the band is planning to go on tour.
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Michael Keaton Suits Up For ‘Birdman’
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic