Michelle Obama Appears In Rap Music Video For Single Off ‘Songs For A Healthier America’ Album
Michelle Obama makes a cameo appearance in a hip-hop video for a song called “Everybody” featured on the album Songs for a Healthier America.
Produced by Hip Hop Public Health and the Partnership for a Healthier America, the album seeks to encourage children from minority groups (statistics show African American and Latino children have higher obesity rates) to live healthier lifestyles by eating well and exercising. Both Hip Hop Public Health and Partnership for a Healthier America support the First Lady’s anti-childhood obesity campaign “Let’s Move.”
“Everybody,” sung by rapper Doug E. Fresh, has Jordin Sparks and Dr. Oz on the track as well.
“It’s hard to believe that almost exactly one year ago, we launched a nationwide campaign called “Let’s Move” to help solve the problem of childhood obesity in this country,” Michelle Obama says in the video. “Back when we first decided to take on the issue of childhood obesity a lot of people wondered if we’d actually make a difference.”
Songs for a Healthier America, which will have a total of 19 tracks, is to be released next month.
– Chelsea Regan
For More Michelle Obama New:
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Aimee Richardson Is A 'Princess For Hire' After 'Game Of Thrones' Recasting
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski On Andi Dorfman's Pick Of Josh Murray & Who Should Be The Next Bachelor [EXCLUSIVE]
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'