Michael Jackson's Family Remembers Him On His Birthday
Members of Michael Jackson’s family traveled to his hometown of Gary, Ind., on Wednesday to celebrate what would have been his 54th birthday.
Michael Jackson's children's co-guardians, Katherine Jackson, 82, and TJ Jackson, 34, escorted the three children, Blanket, 10, Prince, 15, and Paris, 14, on what will be a four-day event running through Saturday — a celebration that Gary Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson has dubbed, "Goin’ Back to Indiana: Can You Feel It?" Michael Jackson’s sister, LaToya Jackson, 56, is also accompanying the rest of the famiy on the event, which Gary plans to make an annual occasion.
The family traveled to Jackson’s boyhood home, and later the same evening, a candlelight vigil was held outside, reports the Daily Mail. On Thursday, the kids are expected to throw out the first pitch at the Gary South Shore RailCats baseball game. Mayor Freeman-Wilson will host a dinner on Friday to honor Katherine Jackson and her late son.
Paris took to Twitter to celebrate her father’s birthday, tweeting the lyrics to one of his songs. "Thru my joy & my sorrow, in the promise of another 2morro , I'll never let u apart for ur always in my heart… happy birthday I love u daddy." Singer Ne-Yo also paid his respects on Twitter, writing, “Because of you, I am me. Happy Birthday Sir. Thru your music, thru your inspiration...may you live forever.”
For more on Michael Jackson:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV