Michael Douglas' Ex Goes After 'Wall Street' Money
Actor Michael Douglas' ex-wife Diandra has filed a lawsuit in New York, claiming half of Michael's earnings for his new film Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps. Diandra asserts that the terms of their divorce entitles her to 50 percent of the money Michael makes from any movie, including "spinoffs" and merchandising rights, during their two decades of marriage
Michael, who is reprising his role as Gordon Gekko in Wall Street 2, said through his lawyer, Marilyn Chinitz, that the new film is a sequel as opposed to a spinoff and is asking that the case be dismissed. "They're not the same thing," Chinitz said. "He doesn't want her to be an albatross around his neck forever."
Diandra's lawyer, however, is arguing that Michael's role is "the same character [in] the same title, just years later." Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Matthew Cooper has yet to decide whether to resolve the case in New York or send it to Santa Barbara, California where the couple divorced in 2000. Wall Street 2 is set to premiere in September. – Natthakan Garunrangseewong
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent