Michael Bay's Production Company In Talks For 'Halloween' Sequel
Hot on the heels of the controversial news that Michael Bay's (Transformers, I Am Number Four) production company, Platinum Dunes, is developing a reboot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, it seems that Bay is now seeking the rights to another iconic franchise – the Halloween series.
In the past, Platinum Dunes has been responsible for remakes of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Amityville Horror, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hitcher, according to Bloody Disgusting.
Director Patrick Lussier was previously set to helm the newest film in the Halloween franchise – a 3D installment aptly titled, Halloween 3D. Lussier had recent success with his 3D horror reboot of My Bloody Valentine. When the Weinstein Company dragged its feet on a start date for the film, however, Lussier moved on to other projects.
With Bay's Platinum Dunes taking over and in talks to partner with Dimension Films, the 3D angle is no longer in the works, reports Screen Rant. We can more likely expect a sequel that holds true to Rob Zombie's 2007 Halloween reboot, meaning it will be "edgier," more stylized and a whole lot bloodier. Sound good?
You might also like:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV