Meredith Phillips, Former 'The Bachelorette' Star, Opens Up About Her Battle With Alcoholism
Meredith Phillips, the star of The Bachelorette season 2, opened up about her long battle with alcoholism and her recent turn to sobriety in the upcoming issue of People magazine.
"For years I'd wake up every day feeling like I was hit by a truck," said Phillips. "But I realized I was going to kill myself," she says. "There wasn't another path for me other than to stop. I'm finally starting to live my life again."
Phillips revealed that during the darkest patches of her addiction she was drinking over 20 bottles of wine a week. The copious amounts of alcohol caused her to have almost daily blackouts. She has now been sober for more than 150 days and counting.
"I need to get back in the gym. I should really be taking better care of myself," she told the magazine. "But I really can only focus on one thing at a time right now."
Phillips was on the fourth season of The Bachelor until Bob Guiney broke her heart. She was then featured on the second season of The Bachelorette, where she gave the final rose to Ian McKee. The pair broke up in Feburary 2005.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango