Meredith Phillips, Former 'The Bachelorette' Star, Opens Up About Her Battle With Alcoholism
Meredith Phillips, the star of The Bachelorette season 2, opened up about her long battle with alcoholism and her recent turn to sobriety in the upcoming issue of People magazine.
"For years I'd wake up every day feeling like I was hit by a truck," said Phillips. "But I realized I was going to kill myself," she says. "There wasn't another path for me other than to stop. I'm finally starting to live my life again."
Phillips revealed that during the darkest patches of her addiction she was drinking over 20 bottles of wine a week. The copious amounts of alcohol caused her to have almost daily blackouts. She has now been sober for more than 150 days and counting.
"I need to get back in the gym. I should really be taking better care of myself," she told the magazine. "But I really can only focus on one thing at a time right now."
Phillips was on the fourth season of The Bachelor until Bob Guiney broke her heart. She was then featured on the second season of The Bachelorette, where she gave the final rose to Ian McKee. The pair broke up in Feburary 2005.
Most Popular News
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
- 2014 Emmy Nominations: 'Game Of Thrones' Leads The Nominations; Netflix Series Recognized
- Shooting Range Instructor Accidentally Killed By 9-Year-Old With Uzi [VIDEO]
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Tony Stewart Crash Update: New Video Surfaces Of Wreck That Killed Kevin Ward Jr.
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen