Meredith Phillips, Former 'The Bachelorette' Star, Opens Up About Her Battle With Alcoholism
Meredith Phillips, the star of The Bachelorette season 2, opened up about her long battle with alcoholism and her recent turn to sobriety in the upcoming issue of People magazine.
"For years I'd wake up every day feeling like I was hit by a truck," said Phillips. "But I realized I was going to kill myself," she says. "There wasn't another path for me other than to stop. I'm finally starting to live my life again."
Phillips revealed that during the darkest patches of her addiction she was drinking over 20 bottles of wine a week. The copious amounts of alcohol caused her to have almost daily blackouts. She has now been sober for more than 150 days and counting.
"I need to get back in the gym. I should really be taking better care of myself," she told the magazine. "But I really can only focus on one thing at a time right now."
Phillips was on the fourth season of The Bachelor until Bob Guiney broke her heart. She was then featured on the second season of The Bachelorette, where she gave the final rose to Ian McKee. The pair broke up in Feburary 2005.
Most Popular News
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- 'Grey'Â™s Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'
Gregg Sulkin On 'Affluenza,' 'Pretty Little Liars'