Melissa Leo Drops 'F Bomb' During Oscar Acceptance Speech
After receiving some criticism for her 'For Your Consideration' ad promoting her Oscar candidacy, Melissa Leo proved her doubters wrong Sunday night as she took home the Best Supporting Actress award for her role as Alice Ward in The Fighter.
Despite being a front runner in the race, the 50-year old seemed to be in shock when her name was called by presenter Kirk Douglas. Upon reaching the podium, she bowed down to the 94-year old legend—whose tongue and cheek presentation was another highlight—before thanking individual members of the cast and crew. During her rambling, Leo surprised the audience by dropping the F-word in her speech. In reference to past Oscar winner Kate Winslet, Leo said, "When I watched Kate two years ago, it looked so f---ing easy."
Leo's loose lips livened up an otherwise boring opening, although the actress has since apologized for her choice of words."I really don't mean to offend, and [the Oscars were] probably a very inappropriate place to use that particular word," Leo told reporters backstage after accepting her award.
At least there was a tape delay. —EMILY EXTON
Watch Melissa Leo’s full acceptance speech here:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV