VIDEO: Melissa Gilbert Injured On 'Dancing With The Stars'
Week four of ABC's Dancing with the Stars, "Rock Week," left wide receiver Donald Driver on top, former favorite Katherine Jenkins sinking to a frightening fourth place on the leaderboard, and Melissa Gilbert hobbling to the hospital!
Gilbert got through her paso doble and ended up with some respectable reviews, despite her disappointing overall evening score of 22 out of 30. Judge Bruno Tonioli called her performance "hot-blooded," and Carrie Ann Inaba insisted that it was her best dance yet.
However, at one point Gilbert's head hit the floor during a move in which her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy dipped her down low. At the end of the show, host Tom Bergeron announced that Gilbert had been taken to the hospital after suffering an injury "as a precaution."
"[Melissa] had some concussion-like symptoms after she got her scores," said Maksim's brother and fellow DWTS pro, Val Chmerkovskiy, to CNN. "She was a little nauseous and dizzy, so she decided to go to the hospital."
A rep for Gilbert confirmed the news. "As a result of hitting her head during the dance, Melissa has a mild concussion and whiplash. She is at home, resting comfortably and looking forward to her next dance."
Extra journalist Maria Menounos, who tied at second place with Roshon Fegan at 26 — one point below Driver's score — reportedly has stress fractures in her feet. Menounos complained before the dance that her feet were "killing" her, and she was "afraid something's really wrong." Her tango with Derek Hough still nabbed her the second highest score while Gavin DeGraw, Jaleel White, Sherri Shepherd and William Levy all failed to impress, rounding out the night with scores of 23 or lower.
The dancer most in jeopardy of having to go home on tonight's show, however, is Gladys Knight, whose score of 20 for her "Bohemian Rhapsody" tango was the lowest of the evening.
See who is eliminated on tonight's installment of Dancing with the Stars, airing at 9 pm EST on ABC.
Watch a clip of Gilbert's injury here:
You might also like:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV