Melanie Amaro Wins 'X-Factor'
What would you say if you had just won a $5 million recording contract? "Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God," was all Melanie Amaro, 19, could utter when host Steve Jones announced she had become the first American to win The X-Factor. She will also star in a Pepsi commercial.
Amaro's renditions of R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly" and Beyonce's Dreamgirls ballad "Listen" gave her the edge over her fellow finalists, Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene.
"I want to say, America, thank you for giving this girl an opportunity," X-Factor creator and judge Simon Cowell, who mentored Amaro during the show, said.
Watch the video here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV