Manny Pacquiao Defeats Brandon Rios
Manny Pacquaio dominated Brandon Rios in the pay-per-view boxing match in Macau, China, on Saturday night.
Manny Pacquaio Beats Brandon Rios
Pacquaio, coming off a disappointing result against Juan Manuel Marquez, fought on Saturday to prove that he was still the premiere boxer he’s been in the past. It didn’t take long for Pacquaio to make it clear that he was far too much for Rios. He ultimately won the 12-round bout by unanimous decision.
"This is not about my comeback," Pacquiao, a native of the Philippines, said post-match. "My victory is a symbol of my people's comeback from a natural disaster and a natural tragedy."
To take the win against Rios, Pacquaio employed his biggest asset – his speed – with both his feet and his hands. He beat back the younger boxer punch after punch. Although Rios is somewhat known for his ability to take a beating, he couldn’t sustain Pacquaio’s attack.
Despite not getting the knockout against Rios, Pacquiao ultimately got the result he wanted – a decisive victory in front of the crowd of over 13,000.
– Chelsea Regan
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango