Manny Pacquiao Defeats Brandon Rios
Manny Pacquaio dominated Brandon Rios in the pay-per-view boxing match in Macau, China, on Saturday night.
Manny Pacquaio Beats Brandon Rios
Pacquaio, coming off a disappointing result against Juan Manuel Marquez, fought on Saturday to prove that he was still the premiere boxer he’s been in the past. It didn’t take long for Pacquaio to make it clear that he was far too much for Rios. He ultimately won the 12-round bout by unanimous decision.
"This is not about my comeback," Pacquiao, a native of the Philippines, said post-match. "My victory is a symbol of my people's comeback from a natural disaster and a natural tragedy."
To take the win against Rios, Pacquaio employed his biggest asset – his speed – with both his feet and his hands. He beat back the younger boxer punch after punch. Although Rios is somewhat known for his ability to take a beating, he couldn’t sustain Pacquaio’s attack.
Despite not getting the knockout against Rios, Pacquiao ultimately got the result he wanted – a decisive victory in front of the crowd of over 13,000.
– Chelsea Regan
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen