Madonna Looks Girly And Glam In Venice
Turning 53 seems to have only reminded Madonna that she is forever young. Appearing at the Venice Film Festival to premiere her new film, W.E., which she directed, Madonna wore a colorful and sprightly Vionnet gown and a pair of ruby slippers-inspired Miu Miu sunglasses. The custom-made sleeveless gown — a rich lavender number decorated with bright red butterfly decals — was draped from her toned arms and shoulders, cinched at her tiny waist and then flowed to the red carpet, covering up a pair of python heels, also by Vionnet.
Madonna, who recently vacationed with her boyfriend, break-dancer Brahim Zaibat, 24, and her daughter Lourdes Leon, 14, in the small French village of Guéthary, said she has taken inspiration from her former filmmaker husbands to do good work behind the camera. "I see myself as a story teller and don't see it as such a big jump from songwriter to filmmaker because in the end we are all telling stories," she told Us Weekly. "I am and was attracted to creative people, which is why I married Sean Penn and Guy Ritchie, who are both talented directors. They both encouraged me and were very supportive."
W.E., which follows the romantic affair between England's King Edward VIII and American divorcée Wallis Simpson, also stars Abbie Cornish and James D'Arcy.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV