Macklemore Song Sung On Loop Causes Assault
Samantha Malson assaulted her boyfriend, Lars Hansen, when he refused to stop singing Macklemore (Ben Haggerty) and Ryan Lewis's hit single “Thrift Shop" last week.
Malson allegedly pushed and choked Hansen after he sang “Thrift Shop” 25 times in a row, ignoring her pleas for him to stop. Police responded to a domestic disturbance report at their Longmont, Colo., home. The police charged Malson, 23, with harassment, domestic violence and assault, according to a Boulder County Sherriff’s Office report. Both parties were reportedly drunk at the time of the incident.
Excerpts from the report by Longmont Police, acquired by The Smoking Gun, read: "Malson said that she asked Hansen '25 times' to stop singing. Malson said, 'He just annoyed me' and 'I pushed him'. Malson demonstrated this (without me asking or prompting) by shoving her fingertips into the air repeatedly. She said she pushed him a couple of times and, 'I grabbed him around the throat,' showing me her left hand in a choking type hold. Malson then said, 'I did it for intimidation'.''
Macklemore’s “Thrift Shop” was a number one hit in both the U.S. and U.K. It appears on the Seattle-born rapper’s album The Heist.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango