Macklemore Song Sung On Loop Causes Assault
Samantha Malson assaulted her boyfriend, Lars Hansen, when he refused to stop singing Macklemore (Ben Haggerty) and Ryan Lewis's hit single “Thrift Shop" last week.
Malson allegedly pushed and choked Hansen after he sang “Thrift Shop” 25 times in a row, ignoring her pleas for him to stop. Police responded to a domestic disturbance report at their Longmont, Colo., home. The police charged Malson, 23, with harassment, domestic violence and assault, according to a Boulder County Sherriff’s Office report. Both parties were reportedly drunk at the time of the incident.
Excerpts from the report by Longmont Police, acquired by The Smoking Gun, read: "Malson said that she asked Hansen '25 times' to stop singing. Malson said, 'He just annoyed me' and 'I pushed him'. Malson demonstrated this (without me asking or prompting) by shoving her fingertips into the air repeatedly. She said she pushed him a couple of times and, 'I grabbed him around the throat,' showing me her left hand in a choking type hold. Malson then said, 'I did it for intimidation'.''
Macklemore’s “Thrift Shop” was a number one hit in both the U.S. and U.K. It appears on the Seattle-born rapper’s album The Heist.
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen