‘Murder, She Wrote’ Reboot To Star Octavia Spencer
Murder, She Wrote will be revived for NBC with Octavia Spencer taking on the role made famous by Angela Lansbury in the original mystery series.
Though inspired by the show that ran from 1984 to 1996, the Murder, She Wrote reboot will offer a very modern retelling of the narrative. Instead of a retired English teacher who tries her hand at novels following retirement, Spencer will play hospital administrator by day and amateur writer by night – and murder solver by late night.
The reimagined Murder, She Wrote will be written by Alexandra Cunningham, who was an executive producer on Desperate Housewives. Six Feet Under’s David Janollari is executive producing.
Since NBC has already given a put pilot commitment to the concept, the network stands to face a fine if it opts to not air the pilot.
Spencer won the Oscar for Outstanding Actress in a Supporting Role in 2012 for her turn as housemaid Minny Jackson in The Help. She currently has three films in production – Black and White with Jennifer Ehle and Kevin Costner, Car Dogs and James Brown biopic Get on Up with her The Help costar Viola Davis.
– Chelsea Regan
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- 'Grey'¬ôs Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'
Gregg Sulkin On 'Affluenza,' 'Pretty Little Liars'