‘Hiccup Girl’ Jennifer Mee Stands Trial For 2010 Murder
Jennifer Mee, who made headlines and talk show appearances in 2007 because of her unstoppable hiccups, is currently on trial for murder in Florida.
Mee, now 22, allegedly lured a online friend Shannon Griffin to an abandoned home in 2010, where she had arranged for him to be robbed by two accomplices – LaRon Raiford and her boyfriend at the time Lamont Newton, reported CBS. During the heist, a struggle ended in gunfire and Griffin was fatally shot.
Laron Raiford was sentenced to life in prison in August, and Newton has yet to stand trial.
When Mee was in her teens, she became a media sensation when it was discovered that she had a nearly debilitating problem with hiccups. At the time, she was hiccupping up to 50 times a minute. Despite trying to curb function through both traditional and homeopathic medicine, including acupuncture and hypnotism, Mee’s hiccups persisted.
Mee’s hiccups eventually subsided on their own, but she was soon diagnosed with a more serious problem – Tourette’s syndrome. The neurological disorder, which can have persistent hiccups as a symptom, can cause involuntary movements and speech.
– Chelsea Regan
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Tony Stewart Crash Update: New Video Surfaces Of Wreck That Killed Kevin Ward Jr.
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen