‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
Diana, the upcoming biopic about Diana the Princess of Wales, follows the late beloved royal during the last two years of her life. A teaser trailer for the much-anticipated film starring Naomi Watts was released on Thursday.
The period between 1995 and 1997 was one of transformation, as the late Princess of Wales was newly divorced from Prince Charles and embarking on a relationship with Iranian-born doctor Hasnat Khan – played by Lost’s Naveen Andrews in the film.
In the Oliver Hirshbiegel (Downfall) directed biopic, Douglas Hodge (Robin Hood) plays Diana’s butler Paul Burell, while Charles Edwards (Batman Begins) plays her private secretary Patrick Jephson. Geraldine James (Sherlock Holmes) and Juliet Stevenson (Bend It Like Beckham) play friends to the late mother of Prince William and Prince Harry.
The film is based off of Kate Snell’s 2000 biography Diana: Her Last Love, which not only examined Diana's blossoming relationship with Khan, but also her devotion to her global humanitarian causes. It was adapted for the screen by award-winning playwright Stephen Jeffreys.
Most Popular News
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
- 2014 Emmy Nominations: 'Game Of Thrones' Leads The Nominations; Netflix Series Recognized
- Shooting Range Instructor Accidentally Killed By 9-Year-Old With Uzi [VIDEO]
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen