‘Dancing With the Stars’ Recap: Kellie Pickler Wins Mirror Ball Trophy
Kellie Pickler is the last celebrity standing on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars, becoming the winner of season 16 of the dancing competition with her pro partner Derek Hough.
The country singer and former American Idol contestant was truly in shock when host Tom Bergeron announced that she was the champion. “Oh my god,” she exclaimed. Then, when Bergeron asked if she had pictured the win, she replied, “No, not at all. This is amazing. Oh my God.”
On Monday night, Pickler and Hough ended up in second place on the leader board, behind Zendaya Coleman and Val Chmerkovskiy. They had received perfect scores for their quickstep and “super-size freestyle” contemporary routine, which was arguably the best performance of the night. But the judges put them in second place for their “cha cha relay.” Votes from the viewers, however, tipped the final scale in their favor.
Disney star Zendaya ended up in second place, followed by Baltimore Raven Jacoby Jones and gymnast Aly Raisman in fourth.
When Dancing With the Stars returns for its 17th season, it will no longer have a results show. All the action will take place in their 2-hour Monday night block.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango