‘Big Bang Theory’ Stars Seek Raises For Future Seasons
The Big Bang Theory’s principal actors – Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco – are reportedly looking to get raises after their current contracts expire at the end of the coming season.
Recently, newer cast members Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch appealed for an increase in pay and got it. Both Bialik and Rauch had been getting $30,000 an episode, but will now be hauling in about double with nearly $60,000 an episode, reported Deadline. By the end of the year, it’s possible they could both see an increase up to $100,000.
Other supporting actors Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar are expected to negotiate together sometime soon as well.
Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco, the main stars of the CBS sitcom, reportedly make $325,000 an episode at present. It’s been rumored that the trio might seek an increase of $1 million an episode each in their contract for the show’s eighth season and beyond, according to TV Guide. The Big Bang Theory is expected to stay on the air for at least an eighth and ninth season.
In the ratings, The Big Bang Theory has had continued success. It’s not only CBS’s most-watched comedy, it has a stable presence in the Neilsen Top 10.
The Big Bang Theory returns Sept. 26 for Season 7
– Chelsea Regan
For More 'Big Bang Theory' News:
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango