'Lost Boy' Corey Haim Dead at 38
Eighties teen heartthrob Corey Haim, who starred in the seminal movie Lost Boys, was found dead in his Los Angeles apartment early Wednesday morning. According to authorities, the cause of death appears to have been an accidental drug overdose.
Haim had flu-like symptoms before his death and was taking over-the-counter prescription drugs. An ambulance took the Lost Boy to Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank. He was pronounced dead by 2:15 am.
The actor had struggled with drug addiction in the past. In a 2004 interview with a British tabloid, Haim admitted to first smoking pot while working on Lost Boys and doing cocaine for a year and a half. The troubled actor also filed for bankruptcy in 1997 and suffered a stroke in 2001. The actor's last project was The Two Coreys, a short-lived reality show with friend Corey Feldman that was cancelled after two seasons on A&E in 2008. –KRIS ALCANTARA
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV