Lolo Jones Qualifies For London Olympic Games
Lolo Jones (born Lori Jones), 29, qualified to go to the London Olympics and represent the American track team during the U.S. Olympic Team Trials on Saturday, where she nabbed a third-place finish in the women's 100-meter hurdles.
The ninth hurdle has previously been a doozy for Jones, when she had been pegged the favorite for the 100-meter hurdles at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Training has paid off for Jones, however. Though she is the American record holder for the shorter 60-meter hurdles, with a time of 7.72, the Baton Rouge native, outspoken Evangelical Christian and proponent of abstinence before marriage, is raising the bar to the 100-meter competition, reports the New York Daily News.
At the same time, since Jones came into the trials in ninth place this year, not many expected her to make it to the finals and be Olympics-bound. Though the media has seemed to follow the photogenic Jones' every last jump, competitor and defending Olympic champion Dawn Harper isn't having it. The media, Harper says, "can have who they want to have, as long as I come back and win."
For more like this:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV