'Little Fockers' Tops Holiday Box Office
The Focker family is still making magic at the box office. Little Fockers, the third movie in the Ben Stiller-Robert DeNiro comedy series, took in $34 million over the three-day Christmas weekend, and $48.3 million in the five days it has been in theaters.
True Grit, directed by Joel and Ethan Coen and starring Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon, earned $25.6 million, the highest-grossing opening for a Western movie ever. It was also the biggest opening weekend of the Coen brothers' career, passing 2008's Burn After Reading.
In third place, Tron Legacy took in $20.1 million, a relatively high posting given the movie's niche appeal. The weekend's other major opening, Jack Black's Gulliver's Travels, which opened on Christmas Day, grossed $7.2 million in two days, landing in seventh place for the weekend.
Last year's Christmas weekend was the highest-grossing holiday weekend ever, buoyed by Avatar, Sherlock Holmes and Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. Overall business was down 44 percent this year, in part due to a lack of blockbusters and also because Christmas Eve fell on a Friday. --ISHITA SINGH
Read below for full box office totals:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV