Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan Attend 'The Great Gatsby' Premiere At Cannes
Leonardo DiCaprio and his The Great Gatsby costar Carey Mulligan attended the premiere of their movie at the 66th Cannes Film Festival. Directed by Baz Luhrmann, the The Great Gatsby opened the legendary French film event.
DiCaprio kept it simple in a black suit and white shirt, forgoing a tie, while Mulligan stunned in a black strapless romper. The pair, who play the film’s star-crossed lovers of Jay Gatsby and Daisy Buchannan, posed for pictures with Luhrmann and Tobey Maguire, who plays narrator Nick Carraway.
During its debut over the weekend, The Great Gatsby earned $51.1 million, landing it in the No. 2 spot behind Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Ben Kingsley.
The Great Gatsby is based on the book of the same name written by F. Scott Fitzgerald in 1925. The best known filmic adaptation of the novel was released in 1975, starring Robert Redford and Mia Farrow.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- Pat Summerall, Iconic NFL Announcer, Dies At 82
- Tea Leoni Returning To Television In 'Madam Secretary'
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'