Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan Attend 'The Great Gatsby' Premiere At Cannes
Leonardo DiCaprio and his The Great Gatsby costar Carey Mulligan attended the premiere of their movie at the 66th Cannes Film Festival. Directed by Baz Luhrmann, the The Great Gatsby opened the legendary French film event.
DiCaprio kept it simple in a black suit and white shirt, forgoing a tie, while Mulligan stunned in a black strapless romper. The pair, who play the film’s star-crossed lovers of Jay Gatsby and Daisy Buchannan, posed for pictures with Luhrmann and Tobey Maguire, who plays narrator Nick Carraway.
During its debut over the weekend, The Great Gatsby earned $51.1 million, landing it in the No. 2 spot behind Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Ben Kingsley.
The Great Gatsby is based on the book of the same name written by F. Scott Fitzgerald in 1925. The best known filmic adaptation of the novel was released in 1975, starring Robert Redford and Mia Farrow.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Rose McIver Films 'Petals On The Wind'Â™ With Heather Graham, Ellen Burstyn
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango