LeBron James Named MVP Of NBA Finals After Miami Heat Victory
Miami Heat forward LeBron James was named Most Valuable Player of the NBA Finals on Thursday following the Heat's championship with a 121-106 victory and 4-1 series triumph against the Oklahoma City Thunder. "It's about damn time," James said on national television after accepting the Finals MVP trophy from legend and Hall of Famer Bill Russell.
"I dreamed about this opportunity and this moment for a long time, including last night, including today," James said. "You know, my dream has become a reality now."
James scored 26 points, delivered 13 assists and collected 11 rebounds, his first triple-double of the season, eighth of his playoff career and second in a Finals game, according to USA Today.
James, who had taken a break from Twitter when the playoffs began, resumed his account Friday. "I love you guys. This was for you," he tweeted for the first time since April 27, attaching a link to a video.
"I'm at a loss of words right now," James says in the video. "I want to shout-out (to) my fans. I know I haven't been with you all the last couple months. I think April 27th was the last time I sent out a Tweet. I want you all to know I just wanted to get as focused as possible on this championship run. As you can see, I am a champion. Without you guys, it wouldn't have been possible. You guys stuck with me throughout the whole playoffs. You guys stuck with me through the last couple of years and thank you guys so much. You guys share this championship with me and this MVP trophy with me. Love you guys and I am back."
You might also like these stories:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV