Larry Hagman Starts Filming Of 'Dallas'
If you were ever obsessed with finding out the answer to television's ubiquitous question in 1980, "Who shot J.R.?," there's a good chance that you were a fan of CBS' decade-long-running primetime soap, Dallas, in which Larry Hagman played J.R. Ewing, a Texas oil baron whose shady schemes often affected the quality of life of everyone on Southfork Ranch.
Now TNT is remaking the series, bringing back beloved Hagman, Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy as the show's older generation. The reprisal, however, will follow Desperate Housewives' Josh Henderson as J.R.'s son, John Ross, who is ready to stir up trouble just like his old man, this time by defying his grandmother's last wishes and drilling for oil on the Ewing land.
The network started filming for the show in Dallas this week, and Hagman is ecstatic about the project, despite the fact that he recently announced he was diagnosed with cancer for the second time in his life, according to USA Today. While he didn't disclose what kind of cancer he had, the 80-year-old actor assured that it was "a very common and treatable form." Despite the news, Hagman revealed that he "will be receiving treatment while working on the new Dallas series. I could not think of a better place to be than working on a show I love, with people I love," he said. "Besides, as we all know, you can't keep J.R. down!"
The new Dallas is expected to premiere in the summer of 2012.
Watch a video about the filming here:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV