L.A. Reid Announces Justin Bieber As New 'X Factor' Mentor
Justin Bieber, 18, has been tapped by L.A. Reid, 56, to be a celebrity mentor on the upcoming season of America's The X Factor. Photographs surfaced Tuesday morning showing Bieber and Reid together with X Factor contestants on the roof of a building in Los Angeles, according to Examiner.com.
And that's not all — Bieber and Reid have a history together. It was Reid who signed Bieber to Island Def Jam Record Group when Reid was President and CEO of the company in 2008. Reid left in July 2011 to become Chairman and CEO of Epic Records.
The move comes on the heels of the announcement that Nick Jonas, 19, will also be a celebrity mentor this season. Jonas and new judge Demi Lovato, 20, are slated to mentor the 12-16 year old singers. It is an interesting pairing, considering that Lovato dated Joe Jonas, Nick’s brother. Jonas is also in consideration to be a judge on the new season of American Idol. Ironically, it will be Bieber's job to mentor the 25+ age group of X Factor talent.
The X Factor returns to Fox on September 12, 2012. — Chris Camacho
For more on Justin Bieber and X Factor:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV