Krystle Campbell Identified As Second Fatality Of Boston Marathon Bombings
Krystle Campbell, 29, has been identified as one of the three fatal victims of the explosions during the Boston Marathon on Monday. She was cheering at the finish line with her friend, Karen Rand, whose boyfriend was running in the race.
"My daughter was the most lovable girl. She helped everybody, and I'm just so shocked right now,” William A. Campbell, the victim’s father, told Yahoo. “We're just devastated. She was a wonderful, wonderful girl. Always willing to lend a hand."
Karen Rand suffered serious injuries that required her to undergo extensive surgery, but she survived the blast. Since she had been carrying Campbell’s ID when the bombs went off, she was initially identified as her deceased friend, giving Campbell's parent’s false hope of her survival.
Krystle was then declared missing, before it was revealed to her parents on Tuesday that she had in fact died.
Campbell joins 8-year-old Martin Richard on the list of casualties caused by the devastating explosions at the Boston Marathon finish line.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- Simon Cowell Walks His Two Dogs Shirtless
- '300: Rise Of An Empire' Review Roundup: Epic Sequel Doesn't Fare Well With Critics
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Daytona 500 Winner Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
June Squibb On 'Nebraska,' Bruce Dern, Alexander Payne, Her Oscar Nomination
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango