Kristen Wiig Addresses Rumors Of 'SNL' Departure
After the rampant success of last year's Bridesmaids made star and writer Kristen Wiig, 38, more of a household name than even her newly iconic Saturday Night Live characters had managed to do, her marketability has skyrocketed.
So it wasn't surprising to fans when rumors started flying that Wiig might end her seven-year run on SNL at the end of this season, which also marks the end of her contract. In addition to Wiig, it was also whispered that SNL veterans Andy Samberg and Jason Sudeikis would be exiting at the end of the season, according to Us Weekly.
At the time, a rep for the comedians refused to confirm the rumors, stating, "No decisions are made until the season is over."
Wiig addressed the rumors herself on Alec Baldwin's popular podcast, Here's the Thing, on Monday. "I don't know," she said when Baldwin asked her if she was planning on leaving. "Well, everyone has to leave," she then corrected.
"This is my seventh year and that's my family. It's my heart. It's New York to me," Wiig told Baldwin. Wiig wanted to make clear, however, that her decision would not be based on external indications of success or failure. "I will say that when I do leave it's not because I'm sick of it and not because I see something better or anything like that. It's just that it's time. When I do leave, it will be the hardest thing."
But the fact remains that all good things must come to an end. "You have to leave the things you love," Wiig said.
You might also like:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV