Kevin Hart Spoils MTV Video Music Awards
It's just hours away from the MTV Video Music Awards, held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, but first-time host Kevin Hart, 32, of such recent offbeat comedies like Think Like a Man and The Five-Year Engagement, is ready for some star-studded antics and potentially offensive humor.
Taking a page from the book of former VMA host Chris Rock, 47, whom Hart will try to emulate during tonight's hosting duties, the comedian has already decided that anyone and everyone is fair game when it comes to joking around. "Nobody is off limits," he said, reports People. "I think it's my job to put the room in a place where people can relax and have a good time. And the best way to do that is to show people they can poke fun at themselves."
And Hart knows exactly which kinds of celebs he will target. "At the end of the day, nobody's perfect," he said. "And people come in with their head all high as if they're perfect, that's when you've got to let them know they're not. You have fun — laugh!"
A musical ensemble that has already been privy to some of Hart's joking around is British boy band One Direction, comprised of teen members Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson. "It's my job to prepare you for what could happen," Hart told the teens, coaching them on how they should react if they win an award in one of their nominated categories — Best New Artist, Best Pop Video for "What Makes You Beautiful" and Most Share-Worthy Video.
"Here, in our realm of the world in the States, when people win awards, we're tough about it," Hart said, reports MTV. "I just want to teach you guys how to be tough about winning an award, okay?"
The boys paid close attention as Hart explained, "You walk up there, first thing you do, hit your heart. Kiss your hand. Throw that up to God. Then you go, 'I gotta thank Him above 'cause none of this would be possible without Him.' You got that?"
Performances at tonight's VMAs will include new singles by Taylor Swift, Pink, Alicia Keys and Green Day, despite frontman Billie Joe Armstrong's recent hospitalization due to an undisclosed illness. Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj (with a special guest) and Frank Ocean are also expected to take the stage.
The Video Music Awards will air tonight on MTV at 8 p.m. EST.
Watch Kevin Hart instruct One Direction here:
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
For more like this:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV