Kenny Chesney Is Country Music’s Fittest Singer
Kenny Chesney is the fittest singer in country music, and he has the muscles to prove it.
Chesney, who is currently touring to support his latest record, Hemingway’s Whiskey, can crank out 300 pushups in 10 minutes according to a feature article in Men’s Health magazine. The singer, who has been a marquee act in Nashville since the late 1990s, delivers a high-octane live performance. In order to sustain the energy required of his concerts, Chesney has to approach his workouts with an intense focus. "I have to train to do my show the way I want to do it," he said. "I'm not one of these guys that just stands there behind the microphone.”
Chesney’s workouts have to be adapted to life on the road, and he never misses a workout no matter how little time he has. Chesney’s personal trainer, Daniel Meng, whom the singer hired in 2001 to help take his career to the next level, shared an example of a quick but intense workout. Start with ten pushups, followed by a ten-second rest. Then do nine more, with a nine-second rest. Chesney has strengthened himself to the point where he can begin this routine with 24 pushups.
The singer pairs his workouts with attention to the food he eats. He said that he grew up in a family that loved to eat, but now he must be careful to follow a healthy diet. The results have paid off. The fact that Chesney’s last tour was the highest grossing country music tour, selling out shows for the current Goin’ Coastal tour, speaks to fans’ appreciation of the fit, energetic entertainer.
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV