VIDEO: Kellie Pickler Shaves Head In Support Of Cancer-Fighting Friend
There are two things that are important to country music singer Kellie Pickler, 26: friendship and cancer research. Pickler, who usually sports a head full of long, flowing blonde locks, debuted her new shaved-head look on Wednesday's Good Morning America.
No, Pickler isn't having a Sinead O'Connor phase. She's showing her support for her best friend, Summer Holt Miller, 35, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in June and starts chemotherapy treatments today. Miller also got her locks shorn at the same time as Pickler, reports ABC News.
"Cancer does not discriminate," Pickler said in a release that explained her decision to shear.
"If this compels even one person to change their mentality toward waiting until the age of 40 for their mammogram, then it will be worth it," Miller, who recently had a double mastectomy, added.
Pickler and Miller, who caught her tumor early, want to spread the message about the importance of early detection for women. "It's been a great life-changing day," Pickler tweeted.
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
Watch a video of the shearing here:
For more like this:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent