Keith Urban: Rehab Brought Me Closer To Nicole Kidman
Thanksgiving is over, but country singer Keith Urban is more than grateful for wife Nicole Kidman.
Urban, 43, and Kidman, 43, married in June 2006, and in October of the same year, the singer checked himself into rehab. Not that he was initially keen on the prospect. "Surely let's give it a few years so we've got some solidity, because this kind of thing could tear us apart,'" he remembered telling Kidman, on Oprah. "This could just destroy us."
But the Oscar-winning actress stayed determined and staged an intervention. At this point Urban says he canceled a show that very evening to go into treatment. "I was like, 'Put the cuffs on. Let's go!'" he said. "To see love in action to that degree . . . I'd never experienced anything like that."
The singer had been in rehab twice before, but knew he had to change his ways. "I had to make a decision which road I was going to take, once and for all," he said. "I'd been at that crossroads before and always taken the wrong road." This time, though, he had Kidman. "She really should've just walked," he said. "I'm just glad she didn't."
Instead, the experience brought them even closer together. "It was really a profound moment in so many ways. The way in which Nic handled that moment was just perfect," he said. "Everything was just designed, I believe, for that moment to fuse us together. I look back now and realize Nic has taught me so much and brought so much into my life and opened my eyes in so many ways." –AMY LEE
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV