Katie Holmes: We Home School Suri
For reasons such as their 17-year age difference and a shared belief in scientology, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have always been an unconventional couple, but apparently their parenting skills are a little unconventional as well. Suri Cruise has been constantly snapped by photogs since she was only a few months old, causing critics to accuse the couple of poor parenting, and Holmes recently revealed that their 4-year-old daughter is being home schooled.
"We have quite a schedule, you know?" she told New York magazine. "We don’t say, 'When I’m working, you don’t work,' or anything like that. Last year he was shooting Knight and Day and I was shooting The Romantics, and we’d just fly to see each other after we wrapped. And we home school Suri – she has a teacher who is with her every day. We like the one-on-one education. I’m happy that my daughter is strong-willed and determined. You really have to go with what the child is wanting."
Holmes acknowledges living in the spotlight is not exactly normal. "It must seem weird, I guess, having so many people watching," she admitted. But being in the public eye since she was 17 has helped her stay grounded. "You just, you know, smile and nod," she explained. –ELENA COX
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV