Katie Holmes Sues 'Star' Magazine For $50M
Katie Holmes, 32, thinks the tabloids have gone too far. The actress is suing Star magazine for a cover story they ran in January with the headline, "Addiction Nightmare — Katie Drug Shocker," a reference to the Dianetic "e-meter" device, which Scientologists believe can detect mental trauma by sending an electronic current through the body.
Star maintained that Holmes had developed an addiction to the device, which they wrote "gives subjects a temporary feeling of euphoria, followed by a crash and a craving for more."
The Batman Begins actress is furious about the allegations. She released a statement saying, "Of all the fabricated stories that continue to be published about me, this instance is beyond the pale. The publisher knew this outrageous story was false and printed it anyway to sell magazines." She is suing the magazine for $50 million, reports the Herald Sun.
Star is reportedly standing by its claims. —KIMBERLY STEELE
Most Popular News
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- 'Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes' Review Roundup: Critics Give Sequel Top Marks
- Chris Hemsworth Films Scenes As Thor For 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
- Tom Hardy Shoots Scenes For 'Legend'
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Lucy Hale On 'Pretty Little Liars,' Her New Album, Her Plan To Send Girls To Camp
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'