Katie Holmes Sues 'Star' Magazine For $50M
Katie Holmes, 32, thinks the tabloids have gone too far. The actress is suing Star magazine for a cover story they ran in January with the headline, "Addiction Nightmare — Katie Drug Shocker," a reference to the Dianetic "e-meter" device, which Scientologists believe can detect mental trauma by sending an electronic current through the body.
Star maintained that Holmes had developed an addiction to the device, which they wrote "gives subjects a temporary feeling of euphoria, followed by a crash and a craving for more."
The Batman Begins actress is furious about the allegations. She released a statement saying, "Of all the fabricated stories that continue to be published about me, this instance is beyond the pale. The publisher knew this outrageous story was false and printed it anyway to sell magazines." She is suing the magazine for $50 million, reports the Herald Sun.
Star is reportedly standing by its claims. —KIMBERLY STEELE
Most Popular News
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
- 2014 Emmy Nominations: 'Game Of Thrones' Leads The Nominations; Netflix Series Recognized
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Shooting Range Instructor Accidentally Killed By 9-Year-Old With Uzi [VIDEO]
- Harrison Ford Resumes Filming 'Star Wars: Episode VII' After Leg Injury
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen