Kathie Lee Gifford And Martin Short Have Awkward Moment On 'Today' Show
Kathie Lee Gifford, 58, may have made a career of speaking before she thinks, but her propensity to get ahead of herself came back to bite her on Thursday's Today Show with Gifford and Hoda Kotb when Gifford praised the "great" marriage of her guest, Martin Short, 62, who was there to promote his new film, Madagascar 3. The trouble is, Short's wife, Nancy Dolman, died in August 2010 of ovarian cancer.
"He and Nancy have one of the greatest marriages of anybody in show business," Gifford said. "How many years now for you guys?" Short responded after a brief pause, "Married 36 years."
Short played it cool while Gifford kept digging herself in deeper on the NBC live program. "But you're still in love?" she asked. "Madly in love," Short replied.
During the commercial break Short apparently pulled Gifford aside and mentioned that his wife had passed away. Upon the return from the break, she apologized on air to Short and his family. "I feel so badly," she said.
Watch the uncomfortable Gifford moment from Today, via the Los Angeles Times, here:
For more like this:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV