Katherine Jackson Recalls Michael Jackson's Death
Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine Jackson, spoke out about her son's early talents, his obsession with plastic surgery, and his untimely death on June 25, 2009 on the Oprah Winfrey Show Monday.
She called the day of her world-famous son's death "the worst day" of her life, talking openly about the effect she saw it take on Michael's young children, Paris, Prince Michael and Prince Michael II, who couldn't stop crying when they got the news. "And Paris, I thought she was gonna pass out," said Katherine of her eleven-year-old granddaughter at the time.
Joe Jackson, Michael's father, who has been quite the figure of controversy over the years, also made a surprise appearance during the interview. "I'm really surprised to see you here, Mr. Jackson," Oprah declared, before Jackson denied rumors that he and Katherine were separated. He also denied ever being abusive toward any of his kids, though he admits to being a strict parent who "used a strap" because he wanted to keep his kids "out of jail." About his son Michael's childhood, however, the Jackson patriarch emphatically stated, "I don't think he was afraid of me."
Jackson's two oldest children, Paris and Prince, also broke their silence, saying that their father was "just a normal dad, except for he was actually the best dad ever." At one point Paris expressed some frustration with society's perception of her father. "I kinda felt like no one understands what a good father he was," she said. After Oprah asked Paris what she missed most about her father, Paris didn't even hesitate. "Everything." –KIMBERLY STEELE
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV