Katherine Heigl Dishes About Motherhood
Katherine Heigl will soon play an accidental mother in her upcoming film, but right now, she's more concerned with her real-life motherhood. Heigl, 31, who recently left the hit show Grey's Anatomy to focus on raising her 22-month-old adopted daughter Naleigh, has found life as a mother difficult, but rewarding.
"There's this thing where, as a new mother, you're just constantly going, 'Am I doing this right? Am I handling this right? Am I playing with her enough? Should I be talking to her more?' You're just nervous, so you're almost creating more drama than is necessary," she told InStyle about adjusting to the anxieties of parenthood. The actress, whose sister is adopted, also discussed her feelings on the subject. “I don’t know why I felt like it was so important for me to do it before we had biological children, but I felt like I had been waiting and dreaming about Naleigh for a long time,” she said, adding that she broached the topic with husband Josh Kelley even before they married.
Heigl also admitted that her time away from Naleigh during work led to an unexpected development. “She actually attached to Josh much faster," she said. "The first thing she said was, ‘Dada,’ and then she’d call everybody else she loved ‘Dada.’” The actress stars with Josh Duhamel as a duo who must raise their best friends' baby after they die in Life As We Know It. –AMY LEE
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV