Katharine McPhee Promotes Her New Show On 'The Voice'
Katharine McPhee visited the season finale of NBC’s The Voice to offer a preview of and promote her new musical drama Smash, premiering in early 2012 alongside Season Two of The Voice.
The American Idol Season Five runner-up appeared on stage after coach Christina Aguilera and finalist Beverly McClellan sang Aguilera’s “Beautiful.” McPhee also talked about doing her own version of the song on Smash.
Smash is about an out-of-town tryout for a Broadway musical, and centers around a songwriting team (played by Debra Messing and Christian Borle), who write a musical about Marilyn Monroe. They must then decide between two people to play the lead role: Karen, (played by McPhee) a talented young newcomer, and Ivy (played by Megan Hilty), a theater veteran. The show was developed by NBC's Robert Greenblatt, Steven Spielberg and Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, the producers of Hairspray.
Watch McPhee on The Voice here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV