Kate Winslet’s ‘Vogue’ Cover Is Latest Airbrush Controversy
Kate Winslet appears on the November cover of Vogue, where the magazine may have gone slightly overboard with the airbrush tool during editing.
Winslet, 38, looks nearly unrecognizable on the cover of Vogue – appearing ageless without her well-earned wrinkles. Some believe the photo editors also reshaped the actress’ jawline, making it appear more defined. Winslet’s eyes, already a striking shade of blue, appear to have been brightened for the photograph as well.
Winslet, now pregnant with her third child and first with husband Ned Rocknroll, has been the center of Photoshop controversy before – most noticeably in 2003. Ten years ago, the rising star had covered GQ in black lingerie and a green military-styled jacket. In the cover photo, the famously curvy actress’ legs looked nearly half their size.
"The retouching is excessive. I do not look like that and more importantly I don't desire to look like that," she said at the time. "I actually have a Polaroid that the photographer gave me on the day of the shoot… I can tell you they've reduced the size of my legs by about a third. For my money it looks pretty good the way it was taken."
As of yet, Winslet has not commented on Vogue’s recent obvious retouching of her looks.
– Chelsea Regan
For More Kate Winslet News:
Toronto Film Festival Slide Show: Kate Winslet Shows Off Baby Bump, Dan Stevens Goes Back To Blond And More
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Rose McIver Films 'Petals On The Wind'Â™ With Heather Graham, Ellen Burstyn
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango